Shot for Shot Film Festival
The SHOT FOR SHOT Student Film Festival is an event organized by the Carnegie Mellon Filmmaking Club to showcase the film and video work of all students in the Pittsburgh area. “Shot for Shot” will expose the most excellent creative work from film students and forage connections between young filmmakers and professionals.
Our goal is to create collaboration and conversation between Pittsburgh students for a night of entertainment and fun. Any Pittsburgh students up to the graduate level may submit their short film work, and the event is free and open to the public!
Festival Date: Saturday, April 12th, 2014
Time: 7:30pm – 10:30pm
Location: Carnegie Mellon University
Grand Jury Prize
Special Jury Prize
Early Deadline – March 4, 2014
Regular Deadline – March 21, 2014
Late Deadline – April 1, 2014
$10 – if postmarked by March 4, 2014
$15 – if postmarked by March 21, 2014
$20 – if postmarked by April 1, 2014
($5 for each additional film)
(Cash, check, or money order accepted. Please make check or money order payable to Carnegie Mellon University, with “CMU Film Club” as the Memo)
New this year — Submit EARLY
If your film is not yet completed, you may still submit an Entry Form with an estimated run time and submission fee according to the above deadlines. Before April 1st, submit the completed film with an updated Entry Form for no additional fee.
By Mail/In Person
- Fill out attached Entry Form
- Clearly label your DVD with: your name, the title o f your film, and run time
- Mail Entry Form , DVD, and submission fee to:
CMU Filmmaking Club
#16 , University Center Suite 103
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Submissions from Point Park University may be submitted in person to Brandon Hula.
Submissions from Carnegie Mellon University may be submitted in person to Nick Hurt.
Online submissions and Entry Forms may be sent via Dropbox or Google Drive. Email the link to email@example.com
- - Applicants must have attended a school in Pittsburgh during the production of the film submitted
- - All films submitted must have been completed after April 20 , 2013
- - Run time: Submissions may be no longer than 30 minutes
- - Format: DVD
- - Submission limit: Participants may submit an unlimited number of films
- - Films in a language other than English must have subtitles
- - None of the materials sent will be returned – do not send master copies of your film
- - All costs of sending the materials are to be covered by the submitter
- - Once you have submitted your film, you will receive a confirmation email from CMUFilm Club. The SHOT FOR SHOT Official Selections will be selected by the festival committee members and announced on the CMU Film Club website (http://www.cmufilmclub.com ). Filmmakers will be notified via email.
- - Any questions about the SHOT FOR SHOT Student Film Festival may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org